Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chapter 8 of Think and Grow Rich

“Keep your eyes and ears wide open and your mouth closed if you wish to develop the habit of prompt decision.” ~Napolean Hill.


This is shouting out at me today and makes total sense. As a blue I see that I was missing out on so much stuff because I was so busy being right and telling everyone what they should do. Wow! Was I a know it all.


I am really proud of myself today because I am really seeing the growth in myself over the last few months. I’m glad I loved myself enough to take the time to learn the skill of listening. Yes for us blues this is a skill. I am far from where I need to be but I am seeing how this skill is important in 3 important areas.


#1 Building relationships with prospects. We blues are so passionate and excited about Mentoring For Free that we just want to shout it out to the world. We want to tell our prospects our story and how MFF helped us. But when talking to a prospect, it is not about me, it is about them. We need to listen. How do we know how to help them or what their needs are if we don’t listen? How do you know how they feel if we don’t listen. This is why Michael does the Colors Training. We listen for the colors. We don’t talk for the colors. The more we listen the more we build relationships.


#2 Personal development and learning. One of the biggest things for me was last year when I realized that things were not working for me. I spent so much time knowing everything that my up line told me and being right that I realized I didn’t know anything at all. I realized I was a blue pretending to be a red. I was what you would call a know it all. The moment I stopped listening to my up line and started seeking knowledge and started being open to other ideas, I found Mentoring For Free. By the time I got here I was beat up and black and blue (as Michael would say). Thank God for the failure in that first business. Had it not been for the failure I would not be where I am today. It is almost like an alcoholic. I had hit rock bottom and was ready to put my ego aside and listen. I am amazed at my growth personally over the last few months and I know it is because of Mental Cleanse but more importantly it skill of listening that I am developing. It's not just listening, but it is really hearing.


#3 listening to my heart through meditations. The most amazing thing I am learning is about how terrific I really am. With positive self talk and only allowing the positive into my brain I am really finding out who I am. Not who I wanted the world to think I am or what others thought of me, but who I am. When I am quiet and I just listen, I find that things just come to me. I have amazing clarity in what I need to do. So then I can take action.


I think this is what the author meant when he said “Keep your eyes and ears wide open and your mouth closed if you wish to develop the habit of prompt decision.”


Your Friend for Life,


Wendy


Wendy Krick
410-374-8327 (call anytime)

No comments:

Wendy's Hubpages Blog