Wow have things changed!
Now, Social Networking sites are the way to go. Social Networking sites like Myspace and Direct Matches are avenues to meet millions of people and prospects around the world.
The best way to gain new prospects through these sites are by making genuine and sincere connections by growing your contact or friend list.
How to get started on a social networking site? Do a Google search for social networking sites and set up a profile. A good one to start with is Myspace.
A few hints for success.
- Do put a picture on your profile. It is more personal and will attract more friend requests and prospects.
- Do fill out your profile page and let people know who you are. Many people fill their page with lot's of hype about their products and business. Please understand that people really don't care about your products. They want to find out about you and how you can help them. You will be able to tell them more about your products later on as you build a relationship and through avenues like blogging.
- Do accept friends. Never prejudge. Always approve every friend request.
- Do look at people profiles and look for people that you think you would like to network with and request them to be your friend.
- Don't send unsolicited e-mail.
This is where the fun begins. Start socialising by joining some groups and or forums that interest you. When ever you post on the boards or respond to an e-mail be sure to ad a signature in your post. Here is an example of a signature.
Who else is sick of "harassment" marketing?
Find out how you can attract people to you.
I hope to see you out there in the social networking world.
Catch you on my next blog.