Wednesday, October 1, 2008

To Divulge or Not To Divulge?...That is The Question

Here is a copy of the post I read on one of my MLM forums that I visit.

Using Attraction Marketing to build your MLM business is the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned. So here is the $1,000,000 question: Do you divulge your "opportunity" anywhere on your better networker profile? What about if someone links to your blog...should you divulge it there? Or another website that you have...should you divulge it there?

We are all networking on this website in order to bring value, insight and support to others in our profession. In addition, by doing so we hope to develop relationships with people who may decide they respect our expertise and vision and want to join in our opportunity. So do we let them see what it is somewhere online? For most, if I Google hard enough I can find what MLM they are involved with. For some, it is right there on their profile or at least a link on their blog. There are a few where it's close to impossible without direct contact...and maybe that's the key to this question/discussion.

I'm hoping to stimulate a discussion here, as I believe there are many viewpoints and reasons on this topic. What do you think? :?Deborah




And here is my response.

I love this topic and my answer may be a little unpopular but it is from my heart.

I truly believe that MLM is a relationship business not a sales business.

Most of the people on this site are network marketers and are already happy in a business. With that said, I don't market my company or product here since most people are in a company.

For this reason, I don't have an agenda of getting them to look at my company. Instead I focus on helping others. I give of myself freely without a hidden agenda.

Down the road, when someone is looking for a company, they may come to me since they trust me. Why? Because I was a friend to them and never prospected them.

It is a fact that the moment I stopped marketing my MLM and started being a servant leader that my business started to grow. It sounds weird but I promise you relationship building is the secret to succeeding in this industry.

I'm a huge believer in the law of attraction.

~Wendy Krick
Thoughts?

No comments:

Wendy's Hubpages Blog