Saturday, January 17, 2009

How I'm using Twitter to generate traffic

If you are not on twitter, you need to be. It generates huge traffic for me. The key is you want to follow people who have the same interests as you. Once you start to follow people, they will begin to follow you. Then as you begin to update your tweets (just let people know what your are doing) you will start to see traffic to your site.

How do you find people that have the same interest? What I do is I use Twitter Search. I type in a keyword of something that is of interest to me. For example I love Squidoo. So I do a Twitter Search for Squidoo. This will show me all of the latest Tweets with the word Squdioo in the post. I then start visiting their lenses and rating their lenses. When I find a lens that I love, I give it five stars, leave a comment and then follow the person on twitter. Most people will reciprocate. It is a great tool.

With this statagy I now have over 900 followers.

Here is the link for Twitter Search.

No comments:

Wendy's Hubpages Blog